Światowy Dzień Migracji Ryb (World Fish Migration Day)
Our Fundation organise World Fish Migration Day at Raba River (Osieczany Village) as part of our project that we start to work on this year. Project is sponsored by Norway Grants. The main goal is to unblock three water steps on two streams (Lubienka and Trzebunka) which are tributaries to Raba river (Natura 2000 area PLH120093). Those three steps are blocking migration to spawning grounds for important species of fish (e.g. Barbus carpathicus). Ecological education is also part of the project including one day fete (festival) for children and their parents from local community.
The event plan is:
– art contest Happy Fish for younger children (what do fish need, to be happy in the river),
– quizzes for older children on the knowledge of Carpatian rivers and Natura 2000 areas,
– children will make a model of a natural and regulated river (to understand the difference between those types and learn that natural river is better),
– participants will also learn to recognize fish species, and be able to solve guesswork about conservation of fish and rivers,
– for adults and children we planed nature excursion to the river to see natural plant habitats and animals typical for Carpatian river, plus to see releasing of young fish to the river.
Participants will be able to win some small prizes.
Date of event:
29th of May or 5th of June 2022 (depends on weather)
Online Event - No
Country - Poland
Name of contact person - Joanna Wójcik