Celebrating World Fish Migration Day and Green Day_Young Eco Ambassador
YEA Cambodia and Taramana NGO, in warm cooperation, will deliver a joint event of World Fish Migration Day X Green Day to raise awareness and guide kids to understand more about the environment, biodiversity, and waste management by connecting them to the Mekong fish livelihood, educating them the negative impact of plastic pollution, allowing them to participate in the fish-related game, waste collecting and sorting activity. The workshop event will take place on the 5th and 6th of April 2022 at Taramana NGO center and Boeng Salang slum community.
On the first day of the workshop, Taramana Center will bring more exciting exploration for kids. While, on the second day, YEA Cambodia along with Taramana, will design some of the educational and fun activities for kids as follow.
Mekong Fish Lecturing:
– We will teach and show kids about the Mekong biodiversity, the giant fish, and their livelihood
– Kids will have some time to reflect and enjoy fun activities such as fish drawing and fish card game
Fish Flag Making:
– Kids will be permitted to make the fish flag to celebrate World Fish Migration Day2022
Plastic Pollution Talk:
– We will discuss with kids about plastic and how it negatively affects the environment.
– Kids will have some time to share and discuss their opinion on the topic
– After collecting trash, kids are instructed how to sort them
– Kids will have some time to do the sorting as well.
– Grade 2-3: 30 students (Morning); 19 students (Afternoon)
– Grade 4-6: 42 students (Morning); 34 students (Afternoon)
Online Event - No
Country - Cambodia
Name of contact person - Puthealy Vin